JTAG 0.5.1 or 0.4 on "cygwin" on "windows xp sp2" - parport wonÂt open

Hi,

I am new to cygwin and my main goal is to get the JTAG stuff working over LPT1
on a PC.

I wonder if anyone has installed it and got it working. I tried jtag v0.4 and
it didnÂt work.

Also I have tried the 0.5.1 version and the screen dump is shown below. I have
modified the KeithKoep cable.c file to show exactly where it fails hence
the "SJM: KK cable.c can not do parport_open" text which is my insert.

$ jtag
JTAG Tools 0.5.1
Copyright (C) 2002, 2003 ETC s.r.o.
JTAG Tools is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
are
There is absolutely no warranty for JTAG Tools.

Warning: JTAG Tools may damage your hardware! Type "quit" to exit!

Type "help" for help.

jtag> cable parallel 0x378 KeithKoep
Initializing Keith & Koep JTAG cable on parallel port at 0x378

SJM: KK cable.c can not do parport_open
Error: Cable initialization failed!
jtag>

Have I completely messed up? Do I need to install something to enable parallel
port support too? Is it very complex or very simple to access the parallel
port directly under cygwin as the JTAG sources try to do?

"lpr -d lpt1:" does seem to take input from the console OK.

Thanks
Simon