Re: JTAG 0.5.1 or 0.4 on

Cliff Hones <cliff <at> hones.org.uk> writes:

> Simon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to cygwin and my main goal is to get the JTAG stuff working over
LPT1
> > on a PC.
> >
> > I wonder if anyone has installed it and got it working. I tried jtag v0.4
and
> > it didnÂt work.
> >
> > Also I have tried the 0.5.1 version and the screen dump is shown below. I
have
> > modified the KeithKoep cable.c file to show exactly where it fails hence
> > the "SJM: KK cable.c can not do parport_open" text which is my insert.
> > SJM: KK cable.c can not do parport_open
> > Error: Cable initialization failed!
> > jtag>
> >
> > Have I completely messed up? Do I need to install something to enable
parallel
> > port support too? Is it very complex or very simple to access the parallel
> > port directly under cygwin as the JTAG sources try to do?
> >
> > "lpr -d lpt1:" does seem to take input from the console OK.
>
> I've not used this JTAG package, but others using the parallel port
> which I have used require the ioperm package.  Also, you probably need
> to run the application under a user with administrator rights.

Hi,

I have checked (thanks for the advise) and found that ioperm 0.4.1 is
installed. I am using cygwin 1.5.15-1 and "gcc" and "make" to build things.

I am logged in with a user that has administrator rights, though not
as "administrator" itself.

Is there anything that one needs to configure in Windows to help enable
parallel port access cygwin? Is there a need for "DOS printing support" to be
turned on or anything.

Thanks
Simon