Re: bash was: can not run OPUS MAKE

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 07:45:28AM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:

The problem is bash related.

lame.exe invocation or mencoder.exe (probably arg parsing) also fails with a 1.5.15s-20050413 and latest bash-2.05b.0(1)-release (2.05b-17), but I haven't found time to debug it.
Reproduced with cygwin-1.5.15 release also.

This is a disappointingly vague message.  I'm not sure what you hoped to
gain from sending it since it contains no details or, AFAICT, any useful
information other than "I had a problem" which, despite your previous
high-quality contributions to this mailing list, does not preclude cockpit
errors.

In any event, I have downloaded lame from a web site in France and it seems
to behave just fine with bash.  I installed lame to /usr/bin and tried mounting
/usr/bin with and without the -X directive, just in case that was a factor.

lame worked fine in both cases.

Passing the same cmdlines to cmd.exe or within cygwin tcsh or zsh do work fine. With the previous bash also.

So, don't keep us in suspense.  What were the command lines that caused the
problem?

Sorry, but I was in a hurry then:

The problem was not related to bash, but to my testing of the mount -X switch for /usr/local/bin (cygexec) which caused all my non-cygwin exes there to fail.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/