eclipse on cygwin/x

Hi,

I experience major problems with Eclipse (release 3.0.2 from eclipse.org) when I use it thru the cygwin/X server (version info for my cygwin setup is here: http://www.pitt.edu./~sly5/cygcheck.txt). The program runs normally otherwise -- directly on the Linux box or with other X servers (such as eXceed or XlitePRo).

Soon after it loads and seems to be working, it crashes with some java error. Here is the screen shot of the error:
http://www.pitt.edu./~sly5/error.png

I would really appreciate any comments, advices on solutions for or ways to further identify the problem (e.g. what programs other than Eclipse may also cause such error?)

thank you
- Levent