This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: create installation using installed.db
- From: Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:42:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: create installation using installed.db
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin at gmail dot com>
On 4/24/05, Hans Horn wrote:
> I'd like to create a distribution media that allows my group to do custom
> offline installations of cygwin.
> I want this distribution to contain EXACTLY what is currently installed on a
> master machine, plus ALL the corresponding src packages.
Sounds like you want to just copy the whole tree from c:\cygwin\ (or wherever)
to another machine. Use mount to dump your mount table to a batch file and
run that on the target machine. Viola.
setup.exe will not do what you want since packages available are a moving
target--there's no way to guarantee certain versions.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html