Re: system() fails on pristine Windows systems

René Berber wrote:
> Yes, you are missing something really simple... have you seen the man
> page for system()?  Of course not, "Use  `system'  to pass a command
> string `*S' to `/bin/sh'..."

Hmmm...  you're right.  Thanks.  I was hoping the mention of /bin/sh was
more figurative - ie, just _a_ command interpreter.  Guess not, eh?

So, what would be the right way to call an external program from a
Cygwin program without installing Cygwin, if not system()?

I also find it somewhat puzzling that it works on my development
machines even though /bin/sh isn't anywhere along in the path of the
Windows command shell.

--
Archie

-- Archie Warnock                       Internet: warnock@awcubed.com
-- A/WWW Enterprises                    http://www.awcubed.com
--       As a matter of fact, I _do_ speak for my employer.