From: Brian Dessent [mailto:brian@dessent.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 5:43 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Problem with 'cvs login'

"Rancier, Jeff" wrote:

> |    passenv     = PATH

I don't know if this applies in your situation, but if xinetd is stripping
SYSTEMROOT from the child process' environment, then all socket functions in
that process will fail.  I think recent versions of the cygwin1.dll have
measures to prevent this from happening, but just for grins try adding
SYSTEMROOT to the above and see if it makes any difference.

Brian