RE: cygwin beginner

At Wednesday, April 27, 2005 4:47 AM, Ergun UYAR wrote:
> I have never used operating systems as unix or
> linux..I used only windows operating systems.
>
> Now,I installed cygwin on Windows XP and want to start
> using it.I think,at this time,first I should writing
> scripts,as in unix or linux.
>
> Where can I learn making some applications on Cygwin?I
> mean,I need examples in which cygwin prompts are used.
>
> Should I firstly learn unix commands(prompts) and then
> start cygwin?
>
> Thanks,Ergün.

Questions that are not specific to cygwin are generally considered off-topic
for this list so are unlikely to get prompt responses or even any response.

Regarding your 3rd paragraph, look at come of these:
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=shell+scripts

Regarding your last paragraph, if learning unix commands requires using
them, one must have a unix/linux environment in which to practice and learn.
So plan on using cygwin as you learn.  Although there are other ways to get
a unix/linux environment on a Windows machine, most of the people using this
list would advise using cygwin.  I'd explain why, but I've got people
waiting for me to go home make dinner.  :)

Good luck,

- Barry