This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Help understanding process tree
- From: Earl Chew <earl_chew at agilent dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:28:05 -0700
- Subject: Help understanding process tree
- Organization: Agilent Technologies
I'm working on a cygwin problem and have been looking at the Win32
process tree structure using Process Explorer from Sysinternals:
I'd like help understanding why Process Explorer shows cygwin
child processes as orphans, but win32 child processes as children.
How is this so?
For example, if I start bash, then start cmd /c dir, I will see:
cmd /c dir
My reading of the code is that the 2nd bash is the fork-stub that is
waiting for cmd to complete.
Now, if I start sleep 30, I will see:
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html