Re: Entry Point

At 01:38 PM 4/28/2005, you wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I have a problem.
>When I compiling some .c file, using "gcc file.c -o out"
>get an ERROR:
>
>cc1.exe - Entry Point was not found
>"Entry Point to ___getreent was not found in library DLL cygwin1.dll"
>
>(Its my own tranlate of error message from Russian).
>
>How can I fix it???

You have an old version of the Cygwin DLL with newer versions of at
least the gcc package.  This could be caused by:

  1. You have more than 1 copy of 'cygwin1.dll' on your system.  Search
     for and destroy all those that don't exist in 'c:\Cygwin\bin'.

  2. You didn't reboot after upgrading Cygwin, even though setup told
     you to.

  3. You downgraded your Cygwin package to a very old version without
     downgrading (at least) your gcc package.  Unless you know what
     you're doing, don't do that.  Re-run setup and upgrade the Cygwin
     package.

Holliston, MA 01746