Re: 1.5.16: Filename case sensitivity problem

Zhuang Jianmin wrote:

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/src
>   (default) = `e:\cygwin\usr\src'
>   flags = 0x0000080a

This mount is a managed mount.  The MOUNT_ENC bitflag is 0x800...

> e:\cygwin\usr\src  /usr/src   system  binmode

...although it appears that cygcheck does not report this flag in its
output.  Still, if you run "mount -m" it should show the option "-o
managed" next to the command that would create that mount.  You can find
more information on the -o flags that mount takes in "man mount".

I am not sure how this mount came to be if you did not create it.  I was
under the impression that neither setup.exe nor any packages enable
managed mounts.  It looks like that is not the case.

Anyway, to get rid of it, you can simply unmount /usr/src, i.e. "umount
/usr/src".  Ordinarily there is no need to mount /usr/src explicitly,
since it is just a regular subdirectory under /usr.  Note that when you
do this, /usr/src will revert to its standard behavior, and any files in
the directory will have strange filenames.  You should move/copy the
files to a non-managed mount before unmounting, or delete the contents
of the directory entirely.

Brian