Re: File attribute access very slow

Brian Dessent wrote:

> > SysDir: C:\WINNT\system32
> > WinDir: C:\Documents and Settings\mvstest.PCSIH3\WINDOWS
>
> Doesn't that seem a bit strange?

Actually, I believe this is correct when I'm running on a terminal server.
>From the MSDN documentation on GetWindowsDirectory(), which cygcheck
actually calls in this case:

"The Windows directory is the directory where an application should store
initialization and help files. If the user is running a shared version of
the system, the Windows directory is guaranteed to be private for each user.

If an application creates other files that it wants to store on a per-user
basis, it should place them in the directory specified by the HOMEPATH
environment variable. This directory will be different for each user, if so
specified by an administrator, through the User Manager administrative tool.
HOMEPATH always specifies either the user's home directory, which is
guaranteed to be private for each user, or a default directory (for example,
C:\USERS\DEFAULT) where the user will have all access.

Terminal Services:   If the application is running in a Terminal Services
environment, each user has a private Windows directory. There is also a
shared Windows directory for the system. If the application is
Terminal-Services-aware (has the
IMAGE_DLLCHARACTERISTICS_TERMINAL_SERVER_AWARE flag set in the image
header), this function returns the path of the system Windows directory,
just as the GetSystemWindowsDirectory function does. Otherwise, it retrieves
the path of the private Windows directory for the user."

--
Tor H.

the system manager.

www.powel.no