Re: File attribute access very slow

Tor Egil Hovland wrote:

> > > SysDir: C:\WINNT\system32
> > > WinDir: C:\Documents and Settings\mvstest.PCSIH3\WINDOWS
> >
> > Doesn't that seem a bit strange?
>
> Actually, I believe this is correct when I'm running on a terminal server.
> >From the MSDN documentation on GetWindowsDirectory(), which cygcheck
> actually calls in this case:

Ah, okay.  The key there is terminal server, which I guess makes the
difference.  I too checked the platform SDK for that function before
posting because I was curious as well.  The part about "shared version
of the system" was unclear -- on a regular multiuser NT system it still
returns \WINDOWS (or \WINNT or whatever) so that phrase must be
referring to TS.

Anyway... clearly this has nothing to do with your problem, so pardon
the noise.

Brian