Re: Shutdown 1.7-1 problem when w2k screen is locked

On Apr 29 09:27, Wheeler, Frederick W (Research) wrote:

> I have found that when I "Lock Computer" in Windows 2000 just after running "shutdown --exitex 10" then the computer does not shut down.  Nothing happens.  The command just exits.
>
> When the computer is not locked, "shutdown --exitex 10" does a complete shutdown and power off.
>
> If I lock the computer right after running "shutdown 10" (no --exitex) then the computer does shutdown, but does not power off.  I get the "It is now safe to turn off your computer" screen.  I get the same behavior from "shutdown 10" even if the computer is not locked.

If the Workstation is locked, you must add the -f (or --force) flag to
force the system to shut down.  At least that's documented for XP.  If
it doesn't work for 2K, I don't know how to workaround it.  There's no
such thing as an UnlockWorkstation function, AFAICS.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.