This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: $PATHEXT not sufficient to run script from BASH without specifying extension on Windows XP?
- From: Mark Molloy <MarkMolloy at DirecWay dot COM>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:14:47 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: $PATHEXT not sufficient to run script from BASH without specifying extension on Windows XP?
- References: <loom.20050428T213602email@example.com>
SOLUTION: It has been kindly brought to my attention by two people that
$PATHEXT is a Windows-only phenomena, and also that cygwin's bash doesn't
support it. I was fooling myself because I used to use the MKS Toolkit
(at a previous job), and their Korn shell does support PATHEXT.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html