This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help understanding process tree
- From: Earl Chew <earl_chew at agilent dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:27:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: Help understanding process tree
- References: <4270F2F5.email@example.com>
Earl Chew wrote:
I'd like help understanding why Process Explorer shows cygwin
child processes as orphans, but win32 child processes as children.
How is this so?
I think I've discovered the reason for this is that during
the fork/exec, the child that does the exec is discarded and
replaced with a new process that executes the new application.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html