RE: mkstemp bug

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 09:01:07PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> >[snip]
> to inform me
> how, exactly?
> >>
> >>I did not just tell you that they are broken.  I also gave
> you a test
> >>case for FIFOs.  I think such a test case is useful for development
> >>and debugging.
> >>

> >Dude, you are just *asking* for one heck of a zinger!
>
> Hey Gary!  I'm responding to you again!

Oh heavens!  I hope its "manic" day!  At any rate, I do appreciate the
public, as opposed to private, responses.

> (cue to Gary, in a "Sound Of Music" shot, arms outswept
> singing to the sky)

Yeah, don't really get that one, sorry.  I hope it isn't important.  No
wait, I hope it *is* important, otherwise I'd have to throw a fit because it
was off-topic.  No, wait, I mean....

> I'm disappointed.

Well we can't have that!  The entire Cygwin project exists explicitly to
*prevent* that!  What can I do to sooth your damaged ego, my dear man?

>  I sent you the signed photograph that you
> kept pestering me for and I thought that now we'd be internet
> buddies.  Was it because I didn't sign it "Hugs and Kisses,
> cgf" as you'd requested?

If you aren't just pulling somebody's leg there:
- I never requested any such photograph.
- I never received any such photograph.
- You told me before we were "email enemies" or some gosh dern thing, now
we're "internet buddies"?  I frankly don't know what either term is supposed
to mean, but they both sound pretty creepy.
- Didn't this list buy you a new laptop at some point?
- Didn't this list also buy you a hyperthreaded machine a while back?
- Don't you feel even a little sheepish when you repay that with childish
tantrums that aren't even explicable, let alone warranted?

> I guess there just is no way to salve your poor hurt feelings
> and wounded ego

Wait, now it's *me* that's got the wounded ego?  I don't follow.  I don't do
inexplicable things such as, oh, I don't know, make snide comments when
somebody *agrees* with a statement I make in a cygwin@ post (feel free to
spend hours scouring the archives for evidence to the contrary though, but
don't expect that to ease the pain; for that, I'd simply suggest again that
you get over me).

> and that means another couple of years of
> truly hilarious (and high
> class) references to me in your email.

*blush* I do have a way with words, don't I?

Oh, and Chris, seriously, I don't think you should be talking to anybody
about "high class" when you're making smart-a** comments to people who are
doing what they can to help the project.  Oh, sorry, "your" project.  But
maybe Sam can speak to that better than I - oh I see he has.  Never mind.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle