This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to separate backspace and control-J functions?
- From: ericblake at comcast dot net (Eric Blake)
- To: "airplays55 at yahoo dot com" <airplays55 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:00:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: How to separate backspace and control-J functions?
> --- Eric Blake <ebb9 @ byu.net> wrote:
> Anyways, isn't there a terminal type for use with
> cygwin that will differentiate between BACKSPACE and
Yes, the post I pointed you to shows that both rxvt and xterm terminals can be configured under cygwin, by using the ~/.Xdefaults file, to make backspace generate ^? instead of the default ^H (in fact, that's how I have my machine setup). That entire thread asked essentially the same question, so I feel like I am repeating myself.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html