This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.17 regression - 'printer name is invalid' is back
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:23:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.5.17 regression - 'printer name is invalid' is back
- References: <429D11E7.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 06:39:51PM -0700, Tim Beuman wrote:
>This problem probably is a result of the modifications in
>src/winsup/cywin/path.cc introduced in version 3.373.
>lpr.exe uses cygwin_conv_to_win32_path() which now is forced to check
>for non-absolute pathnames only:
>path_conv p (path, PC_SYM_FOLLOW | PC_NO_ACCESS_CHECK | PC_NOFULL);
>path_conv p (path, PC_SYM_FOLLOW | PC_NO_ACCESS_CHECK);
>lpr.exe probably should use cygwin_conv_to_full_win32_path() for a
>remote printer (and a local printer too?).
Corinna fixed this problem on Saturday but I neglected to produce a new
snapshot. I'll do that now.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html