This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /home dir missing
- From: Richard Copley <rcopley at gmail dot com>
- To: prashanthu baragur <prashu dot list at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:27:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: /home dir missing
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Richard Copley <rcopley at gmail dot com>
On 02/06/05, prashanthu baragur <email@example.com> wrote:
> Am a newbie to cygwin. Am trying to install cygwin as per the
> procedure in the web.
Wow, seven pages of installation instructions. Couldn't he have just
said 'follow the on-screen prompts'?
> After installation i observe that the /home directory is missing.
> Other that this things are normal. I have logged into my system as a
> local user in our company domain.Where am i going wrong ?
The home directory should be created the first time you open a bash
login shell, by the shell script /etc/profile. Thereafter bash always
starts there. Have you clicked on "Cygwin Bash Shell" on your Start
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html