This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: reason for uname -p,-i returning "unkown"?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:55:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: reason for uname -p,-i returning "unkown"?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 6 08:15, Hans Horn wrote:
> Is there a particular reason for uname -p and uname -i returning "unknown"?
> Looks like as if the info that should be returned is in /proc/cpuinfo:
> 'vendor_id' --> uname -i
> 'model name' --> uname -p
Cygwin doesn't provide the system interfaces called by uname for this
Hmm, I just found that Cygwin prints "amd64" as machine while Linux
prints x86_64. Is it worth to change this?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html