This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Recently updated tar 1.13.25-6: executable wrongly located
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:36:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: Recently updated tar 1.13.25-6: executable wrongly located
- References: <E1DfYKU-000CaQ-W5@mk-mx-2.b2b.uk.tiscali.com> <002d01c56b34$0bdad790$e6ec6f83@chimaera>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 08:39:32AM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>fergus (a) bonhard.uklinux.net wrote:
>>Following the very recent update to tar 1.13.25-6, the executable tar.exe
>>really _is_ located in /usr/bin/ rather than /bin/. Consequently, when in
>>Cygwin, tar is "not found".
>The tarball contains a leading ./ on all of the file names.
>The package should be repacked to remove this.
I knew that and I still got it wrong. I've fixed this in tar-1.13.25-7.
There is nothing new in this release. It was just bumped, along with
cpio, to fix the problem of the duplicate rmt.exe's.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html