This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Multi Threaded programs deadlock doing simple I/O operations
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 18:35:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: Multi Threaded programs deadlock doing simple I/O operations
- References: <00af01c56c8c$54974c30$1f3ca8c0@AlohaSunset.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 05:43:59PM -0700, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
>There is a serious problem for multi threaded programs doing simple I/O
>operations in cygwin (open, dup, fdopen, fclose, and close).
>The attached 81 line test program clearly demonstrates the issue (by
>hanging and no longer consuming CPU or performing any I/O operations).
Thanks for the relatively small test case. That was enough to track the
problem down. I'm generating a new snapshot with a fix for this
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html