This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin and tape backup
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:23:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygwin and tape backup
- References: <email@example.com> <000d01c56d17$5a772400$ca3e9694@SPARKS9K> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 9 21:08, Manny Kaiser wrote:
> resent in plain text
> On 6/9/05, Manny Kaiser <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a win2k client with a SCSI card connected to a Quantum l200 tape
> > loader - dlt7000 tape drive with a 8 slot robot.
> > I made a backup of data on a dlt7000 connected to a Unix machine with the
> > tar command.
> > I would like now to read this tape with the hardware mentioned above.
> > I have read the html doc. below
> > I attempted to do:
> > mt -f /dev/st0 status
> > and get the response resource busy.
> > any suggestions?
An strace might be interesting to see. I never saw a resource busy
other than if the resource was really busy.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html