Re: SSH and session master multiplexing

On Jun 12 10:37, ne wrote:
> Im having some issues with the latest version of OpenSSH released for cygwin
> (under WinXP SP2).
>
> I am trying to connect to ssh.sf.net with a master connection that is
> shared. I am using:
> >ssh -vv -l user -M -S ~/.ssh/sf-mux ssh.sf.net
> To create the master, then:
> >ssh -l user-vv -S ~/.ssh/sf-mux ssh.sf.net
>
> to create a client. I am using keys for the authentication, but have tried
> passwords too.
>
> When I try to create a client, in the master session I get:
>
> debug1: fd 8 clearing O_NONBLOCK
> debug2: client_process_control: accepted tty 1, subsys 0, cmd
> debug2: client_process_control: got fds stdin 4257601, stdout 4257601,
> stderr 4257601
> client_process_control: tcgetattr: Bad file descriptor
> fcntl(4257601, F_GETFL, 0): Bad file descriptor
> fcntl(4257601, F_GETFL, 0): Bad file descriptor
> fcntl(4257601, F_GETFL, 0): Bad file descriptor
> debug2: fd 8 setting O_NONBLOCK
> debug1: channel 1: new [client-session]
> debug2: channel 1: send open
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Ouch, yes, I see.  There's nothing right now I can do to change this.
Using a master/slave connection requires the ability to exchange file
descriptors over AF_UNIX sockets.  That's not possible in Cygwin.

So the only help I can give is, don't use master/slave connections on
Cygwin for now.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.