This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: stat file -- cygwin vs. Windows size?
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Herb Martin" <HerbM at LearnQuick dot Com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:45:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: stat file -- cygwin vs. Windows size?
- References: <1FE7B1901E4A@mail.learnquick.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 01:06 PM 6/24/2005, you wrote:
>This buffer is being built for SpamAssassin which later
>gives an error saying (to the effect)
>"Content-Length mismatch: Expected 818 bytes, got 798 bytes"
>My suspicion is that stat is counting cr-lf as two characters
>but the input routines are treating these as one.
>If the file has about 20 lines, then that's 20 missing
Yes, this is right. And yes, this could be the cause of the
situation you're noticing.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html