This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem compiling Setup but unsure if my install is hosed or is it the source or autoconf/automake
- From: Brian Keener <bkeenerReMoVeAnTiSpAm at thesoftwaresource dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:04:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problem compiling Setup but unsure if my install is hosed or is it the source or autoconf/automake
- References: <VA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <42B24541.C9E4B714@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: Brian Keener <bkeenerReMoVeAnTiSpAm at thesoftwaresource dot com>
Just a follow up on this:
I finally resolved this and as everyone knew/suspected it was not an
autoconf/automake issue or at least I don't think it was unless there was
something missed in update to update to update. I actually had the same
autom4te error on 3 machines of which I either propagated the original problem
from the Win2k machine (that had experienced corruption) to my WinXP (this I
believe I propogated) and a Win95 (I didn't copy the tree or anything so not
usre how this propogated) or there was something in the succession of updates.
At any rate I resolved the Win95 and WinXP through a full removal and reinstall
of Cygwin and my build tree - just reinstalling all the packages and
deleting/rebuilding my cvs build tree was insufficient.
I knew I was home free when I got to the STL error as previously reported by
Igor in cygwin-apps:
on either the WinXp and the Win95 machines. So I just thought I would close
this out for the archives with a final resolution.
Thanks for all the help and assistance
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html