Re: rebaseall failure?

On Wednesday, July 27, 2005, at 04:50PM, Jason Tishler indited:
>> My next line of inquiry resulted in putting a 'sleep' in just before
>> the rebase invocation.  Huh, that fixed it. Weird.
>
>The sleep gave the sh.exe process time to exit.  You "fixed" it but in
>an open-loop way that is still prone to failure.

Of course. I was just collecting a data point, not supplying a fix.

>> Then I went looking, and what happens just before rebase is called?
>> zcat and egrep are called.
>> zcat is a link to gzip which is a .exe file.
>> egrep, however, is a shell script
>> $ cd /usr/bin
>> $ cat egrep
>> #!/bin/sh
>> exec grep -E ${1+"$@"}
>> $
>
>The above is causing the problem.  Why is egrep a shell script on your
>system?  It should be a symlink:
>
>    $ ls -l /usr/bin/egrep
>    lrwxrwxrwx    1 jtishler Users           4 Mar 29  2004 /usr/bin/egrep -> grep
>
>Either restored the symlink or change the trigger line to:
>
>    #!/bin/ash

Huh?

$ cygcheck -f /usr/bin/egrep
grep-2.5.1a-2

PhilipsD@PGH-philipsd-01 ~
$ cygcheck -cv grep
Cygwin Package Information
Last downloaded files to: C:\Documents and Settings\Changeme\Desktop
Last downloaded files from:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin

Package              Version        Status
grep                 2.5.1a-2       OK

$

Doesn't look like anything is wrong, yet it is still a script on my system.
I've also tried using setup.exe to reinstall grep, but egrep is still a script.
Is this a bug in setup, the grep package, cygcheck, or ???

--Doug