C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

Hi All,

Iam new to cygwin. However, I got cygwin & magic (magic_win_tcl) working.

When I try to install patch of magic-7.2.70 it gives the following error.

raju@systemc /usr/local/src/magic-7.2.70
$ ./configure --without-tcl
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot cr
eate executables
See `config.log' for more details.

My setup details after installing cygwin is enclosed in a text file.

Please help me how do I solve this problem, I dont know how to test the C
compiler working.

Thanks,

raju