[ADMINISTRIVIA] email screw up at sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org/cygwin.com

I just accidentally deleted qmail's outgoing queue on sourceware,
thinking that I was actually deleting the queue on a new, improved
system which will be coming on line soon.  This caused all outgoing
email to be deleted.

The majority of people affected were spammers but I'm sure that people
from all of the active mailing lists were affected as well, although
there should be a limited number of those people.

This should only affect people who hadn't yet gotten the latest email
message as of the time of my screw-up, which was at 8/9/2005 19:16 GMT.
So, if you were unlucky enough to have email in the queue prior to that,
it's gone now.  Email subsequent to that time should still be ok.

I don't know of any way to recover the lost email so, if this matters to
you, please check the archives of your mailing list to see if you lost
anything.

I apologize for the inconvenience.  That was two stupid mistakes today.  I
guess I shouldn't be doing any sysadmin stuff right now.

Note that I've set the reply-to of this message to the overseers mailing
list since I don't think this is an issue which is of general interest to
all of the mailing lists that I've cc'ed.

cgf