This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Install: setup behavior on downloading only
- From: Brian Kirkland <bgk at ieee dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:01:13 -0500
- Subject: Install: setup behavior on downloading only
- Reply-to: bgk at ieee dot org
I am trying to do a Download Without Install to place everything
I want onto a CD.
I have several questions..
1. When downloading only, what does the "Uninstall" option
mean? Since I have not actuall installed anything, does it erase it
from the cache directory? What does it do in this case?
2. If you download using one mirror, and then later use another,
does setup resolve package names and versions across multiple cache
directories. In other words, if I have version 1.0 of a project in one
directory, and then later use another mirror, if the project on that
second mirror is at version 1.1, will setup see that and indicate that
I need to upgrade?
3. I have bash-3.0-11 downloaded in my cache directory for
I then go back to mirrors.kernel.org using setup. In the Full
view) in setup it shows version 2.05b-13 in the "Current" column and
3.0-11 in the "New" column. Why does it think that version 2.05b-13
current version? Where is it getting the current version from?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html