This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.18 ( 0.132/4/2 ) - ioperm - OpenSCManager failed
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: pppd <pppd at terra dot com dot br>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:42:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: 1.5.18 ( 0.132/4/2 ) - ioperm - OpenSCManager failed
- References: <ILSO9F$074934D9A34478B623048CC529405099@terra.com.br>
$ ioperm -i
OpenSCManager function call failed.
Error: ioperm.sys installation failed.
bash: /usr/bin/ioperm.sys: Permission denied
Does anybody can help me ?
From the website:
Install (activate) ioperm.sys driver using ioperm -i. This is required
only for Windows NT/2000/XP.
This works for me. Maybe Administator rights are needed to install
Would be nice if this information could be included in the README.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html