Cron Issues

I'm having problems getting cron to successfully process my crontab.
It appears as if my cron service is successfully installed and
running, but it just doesn't seem to execute my crontab.  First, I'd
like to note that I am able to run the cron service via
/usr/sbin/cron.exe and everything works fine.  My crontab gets
processed and everything works as I expect.  I'm guessing theres a
problem with the way cron-config installed the service on my Win2k
machine.  I tried cron_diagnose, and it tells me "This script did not
find any errors in your cron setup."  Now, it does give me warnings
for not having a mailer installed, but I figure that's not a necessity
in getting this to work.

A "ps" output indicates that cron is running.  Also, nothing is ever
written to my /var/log/cron.log file.  I'm figuring it is some sort of
permission problem, but I've checked everything, and cant figure it
out.  I think the most important thing to note is that once my cron
service is installed, I am able to start it ok, but it always times
out when trying to shut it down (cygrunsrv --stop cron).  I end up
having to kill -9 the cron process in order to get it to stop.  I've
tried to install the service using cron-config under a local account
as well as the SYSTEM account, but haven't had any luck.  Can anybody
point me in the right direction?

jorels

$ crontab -l
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
# (/tmp/crontab.380 installed on Mon Aug 29 01:00:32 2005)
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 1.8 2004/12/21 16:14:41 corinna
Exp $)
* * * * * echo `date` >> /echo.txt

attached is the cygcheck.txt file.