Re: Cygwin setup.exe 2.510.2.1 package installation crashing problem

On 9/8/05 10:23 AM, Mark Knipfer:
I ran setup.exe (version 2.510.2.1), first selected to 'Download Without Installing' and received the updated packages. I ran setup.exe again and selected 'Install from Local Directory. In Cygwin's Progress window after the parsing of the ini file, Cygwin crashes. Windows XP shows a Dr. Watson window two times where I click Don't Send. The Windows XP SP2 Event Viewer log shows this cause:

  Event Type: Error
  Event Source: Application Error
  Event Category: None
  Event ID: 1000
  Faulting application setup.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
  ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00043345.

I tried the following without success:

* Renamed and then deleted the setup.ini files in the FTP directory.

* Renamed the FTP directory where the packages were downloaded.

I do not know much about troubleshooting Cygwin as it has always updated without any problems.

I read the Cygwin FAQ, searched in the cygwin and cygwin-apps archives seeing similar errors with no solutions or workarounds, and searched the Internet via Google for possible soutions.

Is there any workaround or solutions for this problem?

Thank you.

Cygwin setup.exe version 2.510.2.2 correct the above problem.