Bug found, new snapshot generated so still - testers needed prior to 1.5.19 release

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 06:55:46AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:

>According to Christopher Faylor on 9/12/2005 4:27 PM:
>> I'm asking, once again, for people to test the latest cygwin snapshot.
>> The snapshot that is currently available should be very close to an
>> official release of cygwin version 1.5.19.
>
>On Win98, the snapshot works fine until something using recent openssh is
>executed (see also http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-07/msg01397.html).
> In any console where a program that has used ssh exits, the act of
>exiting ssh causes the console to refuse to disappear, and the machine to
>slow down drastically.  Trying to run 'strace -o strace.txt cvs up'
>reliably produces a couple of windows popup boxes, stating that the
>application has performed an illegal operation.
>
>But on WinXP, I'm having no problems with 20050912.

But, then, on 98 you undoubtedly have the same problems with 1.5.18
which would make this a non-regression.

Corinna was able to duplicate this so I've checked in a rather invasive
fix.  I may just back it out if it causes too many other problems.

Potential types of problems in today's snapshot would be processes which
seem to exit but don't really or processes which hang when they are
supposed to be exiting.  You may need to do a "ps -W" to see if
processes are still hanging around.

So, I have to reset the clock on testing.  The new snapshot has too
many non-trivial differences.

	    ** Reporting instructions below **

I'm asking, once again, for people to test the latest cygwin snapshot.
The snapshot that is currently available should be very close to an
official release of cygwin version 1.5.19.

Please report success or failure to this thread.  Please don't change
the subject.  Please don't start a new discussion.  Please provide
cygcheck output as per http://cygwin.com/problems.html if you are
reporting a problem.

If you think you've found an error, please indicate whether this is a
regression from 1.5.18.

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Thanks.

cgf