help on socket connexion

Hello everybody,

Could U help me please it's very important of course :(

I'm doing (trying exactly) a little client/serveur tcp programm.

the skeleton is classic (from server side)

main()
{
  fd_set readfds, rmask;
  struct timeval tv;
  int sd;

  sd = create_socket();

  while(1)
  {
    FD_ZERO(&rmask);
    FD_SET(sd, &rmask);
    readfds = rmask;
    tv.tv_sec=5;
    tv.tv_usec=0;

    if ( select(FD_SETSIZE, &readfds, NULL, NULL, &tv) )
    {
      if (errno!=EINTR)
      {
        /* socket gets something ! */
        if (FD_ISSET(sd ,&readfds))
        {
          // goto child
          fork();
        }
      }
    }

Everything works except the famous FD_SETSIZE (yes I use select()) limit to 64

Now If I run a sample client test with a loop which try to connect 64
times to my server,
it works... but with FD_SETSIZE limit, my server will hang after 64 fork.

Right, but now, always on client side :

If I try a loop with 32 connection, it's ok.
then I stop all my clients connexion - the children on server side die (ok)

If I try to connect again 32 times with my client by running my test
program again...
I meet again the FD_SETSIZE limit !!!

I suppose I've forgotten something on server side but where ???

please help me