Re: handle_threadlist_exception: handle_threadlist_exception called with threadlist_ix -1

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 04:18:39PM +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 03:25:17PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>> >
>> >  Anyone else seeing quite a lot of these with current cvs HEAD?  Often when
>> >pressing Ctrl-C, sometimes when things exit for other (signal-related?)
>> >reasons?
>> >
>> >  I think this error indicates that a signal has been received but either
>> >find_tls hasn't yet been called, or something has overwritten the threadlist
>> >index.  There's a lot that goes on at startup/fork time, though, and I'm not
>> >deeply familiar with it.  Since I'm set up for debugging ATM, does anyone
>> >have any suggestions where I could look next?
>>
>> How about looking in the direction of a simple test scenario which demonstrates
>> what you are reporting?
>
>I am can reproduce this repeatedly - I'll try to isolate the cause and
>post a test case.

Did you happen to notice when the age of the message to which you're
responding?  Dave figured out the problem subsequent to sending the
above.  It was due to some object files not getting rebuilt after a
change to cygtls.h.