Re: Why is setup.exe so difficult? Am I missing something?

Matt England wrote:

> I find cygwin's setup.exe extremely difficult to understand, and over
the years I've used it, I have found it somewhat buggy (unless the "bugs" I find are really just "features" that I don't understand).

The biggest question: why do myself and everyone else in my software development group that I manage (as well as everyone else with whom I've spoken over the years regarding cygwin) find cygwin's setup.exe so perplexing?

One confusing thing that could be improved is to clearly label the radio buttons as "Default Action:" and to change "Curr" to be something like "Update" or "Latest". The very non-standard way that these buttons interact with the list is confusing and every little bit of help will help. A more standard way would be a selection-action interface.