This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rxvt as replacement for windows terminal
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Christoffer Gurell <orbit at 0x63 dot nu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:14:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: rxvt as replacement for windows terminal
- References: <20051014165430.GA11098@h55p111.delphi.afb.lu.se>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Christoffer Gurell wrote:
I want to use rxvt shipped with cygwin as a replacement for the windows
crappy terminal which cygwin uses as default.
The problem is that native windows binaries like edit.com or python for
windows does not work in rxvt. The terminal just hangs up.
Is there a solution for this or what is the problem?
Windows programs don't understand Cygwin ttys. The workarounds are:
- Don't use Windows programs with rxvt.
- Go back to using cmd.exe (without 'tty' set in your CYGWIN environment
variable) if you must use Windows programs.
You can find plenty of discussion about this issue in the email archives if
you're interested in further info.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html