Setup fails to write help output to logfile [was RE: 1.5.12 ssh hangs on some machines when stdout has content]

Rolf Campbell wrote:
> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>> As I've said before, <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-04/msg00086.html>.
>> This result from the search I suggested looks promising, if only to get
>> the setup options: <http://www.maths.lth.se/help/windows/cygwin/>.  See
>> also /var/log/setup.log after "setup --help" (yes, it does support this).
>> HTH,
>
> I mostly don't see any output from "setup --help".

  What does this have to do with ssh?  Subject line changed!

> I tried deleting the
> setup log files from /var/log and ran "setup --help", but no files were
> created in "/var/log".  It also doesn't work if the files exist.  I'm
> pretty sure it's not a permission problem cause if I run setup without
> any arguments it creates the log files just fine.  The weirdest thing is
> that it worked once for me about 10 minutes ago.  I'm running version
> 2.510.2.2.

  Bizarre, so it does.  According to my tests, it now appears to be writing
setup.log to whatever is the current directory when you run it.  Oops, this
looks like a real bug!  Now investigating ...

  BTW, here's the help info, just FYI:

2005/10/25 17:32:27 Starting cygwin install, version 2.510.2.2
2005/10/25 17:32:27 Current Directory: C:\cygwin.src
2005/10/25 17:32:27
Command Line Options:
 -D --download                          Download from internet
 -L --local-install                     Install from local directory
 -s --site                              Download site
 -R --root                              Root installation directory
 -q --quiet-mode                        Unattended setup mode
 -h --help                              print help
 -l --local-package-dir                 Local package directory
 -r --no-replaceonreboot                Disable replacing in-use files on
next
                                        reboot.
 -n --no-shortcuts                      Disable creation of desktop and
start
                                        menu shortcuts
 -N --no-startmenu                      Disable creation of start menu
shortcut
 -d --no-desktop                        Disable creation of desktop shortcut
 -A --disable-buggy-antivirus           Disable known or suspected buggy
anti
                                        virus software packages during
                                        execution.
Ending cygwin install