Re: Complex.h file

John Coppens <john <at> jcoppens.com> writes:

> I'm tying to port a program of mine to cygwin, and have the following
> problem:
>
> complex.h is not found.
>
> The compiler complains about the missing complex.h and about the complex
> type in a file, even though I read gcc has complex C-99 support built-in
> since 3.4.1

Well gcc 3.4.4 has built-in support for complex types, i.e. the following works
(without including complex.h)

   _Complex double x = 7 + 8i;
   x += -3 - 4i;
   x *= 2 + 5i;
   x /= 3 - 4i;
   printf("(%f,%f)\n", creal(x), cimag(x));

but it does not have built-in support for all of the complex functions
that are declared in complex.h.  I would assume the "problem" is
more of newlib issue than a gcc one.

Tony Richardson