Re: Redirect SSHD messages from Application to Security log in Win2k

On Nov 30 15:16, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Listmail wrote:
> > 2) I would like the ssh messages to go to the Security log, as it is
> > empty now and seems like a logically named place for these events.
> > The application log is getting full quickly by ssh logon/logoff
> > messages.
>
> This is not possible without modifying the syslog code in cygwin, and
> even then I don't know if regular applications can log to the security
> log.

It can't.  MSDN documents that the Security log is for system use only
and that an application trying to register for this log fails:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/debug/base/registereventsource.asp

Makes sense, after all sshd is just an application.

Why not use syslogd instead?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.