Re: responding to someones post

Mariusz Wodzicki wrote:
More interesting is the question how to reply
to somebody's post *without* subscribing to
the cygwin mail list.

I find it very useful to visit the mailing
list whenever I feel so but my previous experience
with subscribing to mailing lists having such
a high volume like cygwin@cygwin.com stops
me from subscribing to it.

My concern is only about linking my posted reply
to the correct thread.

Just in case this thread is causing someone out there some confusion,
you don't need to subscribe to this list to read it or send email to it.

OK, for those that want to reply to a list message without having the
message in your mailbox so that it's properly threaded, you can either
manually include the proper headers referencing the message IDs you're
responding to, search the email archives for Igor Pechtchanski's scripts
that help you do this, or use one of the email-list-to-news-portals to
read and respond to messages.  If you're interested in the latter, you
can use the <http://gmane.org/find.php?list=cygwin> link on the Cygwin
home page to get to GMANE.  Keep in mind that GMANE is not site that
has any connection with Cygwin.  It is simply a site that provides a
news interface to many mailing lists.  So, if you have difficulty with
this interface, you want to contact the GMANE folks, not Cygwin.

Holliston, MA 01746