Re: Installation without network connection

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 12:40:13PM -0600, Greg Youngdahl wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 11:43:02AM -0600, Greg Youngdahl wrote:
>>
>>>I saw on the RedHat cygwin page some sort of instructions that seemed
>>>promising until they had several bold print lines added saying that
>>>parts of it don't work anymore and/or have been removed from public
>>>availability, but with nothing about how it should now be done.
>>

>>The "RedHat cygwin page"?  Huh?  What web page are you referring to?
>>
>>FYI, the URL for the cygwin project is http://cygwin.com/ .  That's
>>where the official cygwin net release resides.  Red Hat has nothing to
>>do with this release.
>>
>>cgf
>>

>Hi Christopher,
>
>	Directly on the page you mention (http://cygwin.com) down near the
>bottom, there is a link to the "Redhat Cygwin Product Site".  It is
>http://www.redhat.com/software/cygwin

To be precise, the text surrounding the link that you are referring to
says:

"For Cygwin licensing or commercial support, please visit the Red Hat
Cygwin Product site."

i.e., it is another site entirely from http://cygwin.com/ .  The
reference is for a *commercial* release of Cygwin that is provided by
Red Hat.  If you want to use the commercial software then you should be
contacting Red Hat directly.

OTOH, I sincerely doubt that you found any discussion of the cygwin net
release install procedure at the Red Hat site so if you found words
about installation at http://cygwin.com which you find confusing, you're
going to, again, have to provide a reference so that we can either fix
the words or clarify them for you.

cgf