This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help : can not get cron work
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:00:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: Help : can not get cron work
- References: <BAY105-F3242C932FCD4D351673DE0E92E0@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
lin q wrote:
> 1) "cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a ?D"
You should run /usr/bin/cron-config, and not try to do this by hand
because there is much more to do than just installing the service.
> 16 10 * * * linq rsync -azv emperor:/dev/tools/*
That is not the proper format of a user's crontab line. There is no
such "username" field as the fifth field in a user's crontab, it should
just be "16 10 * * * rsync ...". It was trying to execute a command
named "linq" that does not exist, and there should be errors to this
effect in the Windows Event Log. See "man 5 crontab".
Also realize that if you do not have system-wise mounts and Cygwin in
the PATH the above will not work. This would have been evident if you
attached the cygcheck output as requested in
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html