Re: cygwin and rsync

Ken,

The rsync protocol actually does check-suming of blocks to efficiently
detect and transfer files.  While it may look like it is hung, it may
actually be just transfering check sums on each file.  When I perform
long transfers it looks hung from time to time, but my use of the extra
v switches helped me better understand the protocol.

When it stops at a different directory and file, is it always
further along?

It may well be hung, but be sure.  Interesting that it works the other
way without having to build a custom rsync.  I've found this behavior
consistent, but then again, I always install Cygwin with the same set of
packages.  Do you do a full install of Cygwin?  I usually perform a
default install and just add vi, tcsh, openssh and rsync.

Brett