Re: cygwin and rsync

I'm not sure, other than what you've already pointed out, the number of
bytes being close to a magic number, almost like a counter or index is
overflowing.

I'd be inclined to build my own rsync for debugging, start it under gdb,
continue and when it hangs, use control-c  and trace to see where it is
in the program.

As to the environment, which version of Windows are you running?   I'd
like to better understand why on the surface it sounds like we're
installing Cygwin the same way, yet yours runs Windows to Linux and mine
consistently hangs without recompiling without socketpair.

Brett