Re: inetutils-1.3.2-34: setsockopt warning from ftp

Oh well, I have uploaded a new inetutils package built with the 1.5.18
headers now.  However, you should still see an error in the above case,
just a different one:

  % ftp ibiblio.org
  ftp: setsockopt TOS (ignored): Invalid parameter

This is a result of newer Windows versions not simply ignoring the
IP_TOS setting, but instead returning an error WSAEINVAL.  I applied a
fix to Cygwin which now ignores the retun code of setting IP_TOS on
Windows 2000 and above.  It's a no-op by default anyway.  So you
won't see this error message anymore when using the next snapshot or
when building Cygwin fresh from CVS.

Thanks Corinna! The new inetutils and the CVS HEAD prevent both error messages.

--
David Rothenberger                spammer? -> spam@daveroth.dyndns.org
GPG/PGP: 0x92D68FD8, DB7C 5146 1AB0 483A 9D27 DFBA FBB9 E328 92D6 8FD8

Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists.
                -- John Kenneth Galbraith