RE: stat(2) triggers on-demand virus scan

I have to assume whoever said or wrote that was either thinking "Wine", or
not thinking at all, since Cygwin is ultimately no different than any other
Windows application from their software's perspective.

>  Humm...  So if neither are willing to change,
> then what?  I don't know Symantec's or McAfee's offical stance.

Last I checked it was "cause more problems than the viruses we purportedly
protect you from would".

Look guys, the bottom line here is that on-access virus scanners cause
trouble.  Not just for Cygwin, and not just particular ones.  Scan your
incoming email, scan your downloads, do your backups, cross your fingers,
and hope for a horrible death for the virus-writing idiots of the world.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle