Re: 1.5.18: rxvt only accepts control keys from synergy

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 06:10:29PM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
>Elliott Hughes wrote:
>>I too have a problem with the combination, but it's a bit more
>>far-reaching.  I can't type anything.  I know this is the sort of
>>problem you don't like: Cygwin bash(1) works fine, Cygwin rxvt(1) works
>>fine (if I type on an attached keyboard), and "cygwin.bat" running in a
>>"cmd" window works fine (even with keystrokes coming off the net via
>>synergy).  But I wondered if anyone else had seen this or had any
>>ideas?
>
>I have no idea what 'synergy' is but it sounds like it's not a Cygwin
>program (i.e.  it is not linked against cygwin1.dll.)

I happen to know about this one because I use synergy all of the time.

synergy is a program which allows one keyboard to control multiple
displays.  You move the cursor to the left to get to the screen on the
left, move it to the right to get to the screen on the right.  I often
use it to annoy my wife or kids while they're typing on the computer
next to me.  :-)

Synergy is a very nice application.  It doesn't have to be cygwin aware,
to operate, though.

I'd never tried it with rxvt before but, whaddaya know?  WJFFM.  This
is with 1.5.19, though.

Anyway, if rxvt works fine using the keyboard on the "other computer",
then the problem clearly has something to do with synergy and this is a
question for the synergy mailing list.  If rxvt doesn't work then that's
a question for the cygwin list.  I wouldn't expect there to be any
problems with rvxt, however.

And, yes, synergy does have a mailing list.

cgf